Thursday, July 21, 2011

What we are doing here in Italy ...

Eight weeks in Italy may not seem like much but it is our entire summer and do not worry we are keeping ourselves busy. We are not just traveling throughout Italy all though that is part of the fun. We are also keeping busy with Matt working at his internship and me learning Italian.

My cute husband working in the law office!

One of his days in court!


During the weekdays Matt is interning at a law office learning the ins and outs of Italian law. He is loving it. Every day he comes back and tells me something new he learned and compared it to his job at working in an American law firm. I am so proud of him and am happy that he loves what he is doing.

For me during the week I am learning Italian and trying to learn more about Italian culture. It is an interesting adventure but I am really enjoying myself. I take 4 hours of class a day, and then walk around the city listening to what I can pick up on, or try to communicate with people in shops until I meet up with Matt about an hour later. The language is coming slowly but surely. I even downloaded study helps onto my ipad to help me study.

I am learning more about the culture which I am really enjoying. Italian culture is different depending on the region that you live in. The north is more westernized and similar to America there are still differences. Here are some of the differences I love ...

  1.  I love that lunch is their bigger meal of their day.
  2.  I love the importance of family and friends in their life.
  3.  I love how at night in the summer cities come alive with people walking around with their families.
  4.  I love how sweets in Italy are not as fatty as our sweets. 
  5. I love how they use olive oil instead of  butter. 
  6. I love the beauty of the cities. 
  7. I love the architecture and how old they are
  8. I love how people dress up when they go out doing the day. They believe in looking good all the time. 
  9. I love that families stay in the same cities for their entire life and so do their kids. They have very tight family relationships. 
  10. I love how people walk everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment